Popular Posts

Saturday 13 July 2013

Die hard romantic


I am a Sagittarius and a diehard romantic. I appreciate the evening sunset along the shores as much as the sight of birds flying high.  Gazing endlessly at the clear blue sky delights me as does walking on wet white sand. I get giddy on chocolates and hold on to fairy tale endings. I gush over flowers and teddy bears.  
For me love is a force, wild and fierce, strong and untamed. It makes one want to conquer the stars, yet it can tear a hole in your heart. You can’t capture it, because it’s nothing yet it’s everything.  Somewhere along it gives the hope to carry on.
And it happened last week: an all consuming feeling engulfing me; a hand clenching my heart, touching my soul. While walking I saw a lonely leaf falling from the Chinar tree and I could feel someone around. It was you. Your breath on my face like a wind blowing so softly it was hardly there. Your silhouette drifted past me, like a shadow;   an angel. My eyes burning for you, I wanted to capture your image with my eyes. My fingers ached to touch you, I reached out. I yearned to drink from the fountain of your lips. I reached out and called your name, a name without words but desires to describe, my heart yearning.  But there was silence, deafening and frightening. Were you really there?
Were you just a dream, an illusion! My heart was beating in tandem, in rhythm with something divine. I was scared; maybe you are just a figment of my imagination. Then I saw your eyes twinkle like Sirius coming to life, your love the nourishment to my soul. And I knew, you are my secret light, my magical delight; my reason to breathe again…

Disclaimer:  This is a work of my imagination working overtime. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely intentional; oops, sorry coincidental ;) 

2 comments:

  1. thats after a very long gap i think Doc..
    and a different one too
    how you doing after coming back from UK/>

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoy the festive season ahead..
    may you have a grace-filled Christmas and Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete